Nate Jacobs started the Westcoast Black Theatre Troupe with five founding members: Apphia Campbell, Jnana Wilson, Henry Porter II, his sister Tsadok Porter, and Teresa Stanley. Some have become professionals in the field, while others have gone on to different careers. However, when possible, one may perform with WBTT when in town.
Today, there is a core group of area artists who regularly appear in some of our shows and many guests artists from around the country who enhance our productions with their special talents.
The Westcoast Black Theatre is unique in that it provides a professional platform for gifted minority artists – actors, dancers, singers, musicians, choreographers, directors, etc. – to showcase their talents. As a member of the Actors’ Equity Association, we hold auditions yearly, but accept resumes throughout the year. We invite any interested artist to contact us.
- Debra Flynt-Garrett - Development Director
- James (Jay) Dodge II – Production Manager/Resident Music Director
- Travis Ray – Associate Managing Director/Community Outreach
- Eleanor Miller – Box Office Manager
- Robert Grant - Finance Manager
- Myllanna McKinnon - House Manager
- Juanita Munford - Production/Stage Manager*
- Joey James - Company Manager and Assistant to the Artistic Director
* Members of Actors' Equity Association (AEA), the Union of Professional Actors and Stage Managers in the United States.