Nate Jacobs started the Westcoast Black Theatre Troupe as a not-for-profit, 501(c)3, with five founding members: Apphia Campbell, Jnana Wilson, Henry Porter II, his sister Tsadok Porter, and Teresa Stanley. Some have become professionals in the field, while others have gone on to different careers. However, when possible, they perform with WBTT for specific events or limited engagements.
WBTT has grown to become unique in today’s theatre world. We provide a professional platform for gifted minority artists—rising or experienced—to showcase their talents as actors, dancers, singers, musicians, choreographers, directors, and playwrights.
Troupe members consist of many accomplished artists who have made a significant commitment to WBTT and consider our theatre their home. We also include a number of young aspiring performers who, through our mentorship program, have the opportunity to develop their skills alongside the professionals.
In addition, WBTT invites experienced guests artists from around the country to enhance our productions with their special talents.
As a member of the Actors’ Equity Association, we hold auditions yearly, but accept resumes throughout the year. We invite any interested artist to contact us.
- Debra Flynt-Garrett - Development Director
- James (Jay) Dodge II – Production Manager/Resident Music Director
- Travis Ray – Associate Managing Director/Community Outreach
- Eleanor Miller – Box Office Manager
- Robert Grant - Finance Manager
- Myllanna McKinnon - House Manager
- Juanita Munford - Production/Stage Manager*
- Joey James - Company Manager and Assistant to the Artistic Director
* Members of Actors' Equity Association (AEA), the Union of Professional Actors and Stage Managers in the United States.